Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Time Never Stops Does It

Where in the world have I been these last few weeks? Here in Egypt that's true... but not here on the site ... oh... you noticed? Sorry...

It's funny, work is slowing down... which is great... but now taking 2 courses online that both started 1 Oct... and that's great ... but the Humanities course instructor is really challenging me to be actively engaged in his curriculum... Call me silly... but I expected Hum 1000 to be a "cake walk" but ... oh boy... reality check for me... so... with a new set of courses starting and then our going to Sharm this last weekend... I've found myself continually behind in reading and posting discussion questions... and well... just keeping up with everything else has led to my absence.

Now with the trip to Sharm it's interesting the things you see on the 500km trip... this was one of those ... goats running between the traffic ... It was also amazing the number of cars we saw sitting or abandoned on the road from serious accidents.

The beach in Sharm was pretty nice... but we've come to two conclusions.... 500km is a long way to go just for 1 full day at the beach... and 2, some of the foreigners that come there on vacation from other countries just make it hard to enjoy the beach in a family setting... maybe we're going to have to start looking for some other places to go for some time on the beach.

No comments: