Monday, October 15, 2007

Humanities Homework ... Coptic Museum

Visit a museum and write about two paintings. I went to the Coptic Cairo Museum again, but this time I actually looked at the art work with a purpose... instead of just to say... oh yeah, I've been there. I choose a wall painting of Jesus with two angels from the 6th/7th century found in the Monastery of Saint Jeremiah in Saqqara. My second pic was of Michael the Archangel holding a staff and a balance scale. This one was painted in the 18th century so not quite as old as the first.

When it was time to catch the train back home, I gave the ticket guy a 20 pound note to buy my one pound ticket... but he didn't have change. He just gave me a 10 and 2 fives. So I was thinking, oh, I see, I have to go and find my own change. My first thought was to go and find change... or maybe to go back to the guard I had tipped 2 LE to and ask for pound back so I wouldn't have to hassle with the change issue... but that was just a fleeting thought really. But then the thought came to me to buy 5 tickets... and bless those around that needed a ticket. The ticket guy didn't seem to keen on the idea of me buying 5 tickets ... but the old lady standing there waiting for him to get change so she could get a ticket like it... and another old lady that didn't have a ticket to get out from riding the train was happy to get a ticket... then a guy buying a ticket for himself and his wife thought I was crazy... trying to GIVE him a ticket... without him needing to pay anything for it, he did finally take the 2 tickets. That was so cool... God provided an opportunity to bless some people with free rides.

No comments: