Monday, October 22, 2007

Band in a Box

This last weekend as part of the Humanities course I'm taking I needed to watch and evaluate a live band... this was a small problem to me since we've never gone "clubbing" here in Cairo and we don't (ok until there, didn't) have a clue as to the nightlife here... but a good friend gave me a tip on "After Eight" in downtown Cairo as a possible venue for my homework. I made a reservation (table 6) and we got there about 15 minutes before the band (Skin Deep) went on stage. Now as you can see... the band is playing in a box... literally. It actually looks like the place had a small garage and they closed the car doors and knocked the wall down on the restaurant side and put up some curtains and ... whala... you have a "band in a box" stage. All in all they were pretty good. The only drawl back was all the cigarette smoke... it seemed like everyone except the waiters were smoking... will we be back? Ah... I'm not too sure about that one... but it was a good experience... and I did get enough material to complete my homework.

No comments: