Saturday, May 5, 2007

Not Your Average Week


This was an interesting week. Our youngest daughter Karmia had her piano recital on Tuesday night... and she played "Ode to Joy" ... perfectly before a room of about 50 people ... we're very proud of her! I wasn't quick enough to catch her "lighting up the keys" but here she is with her older sis and her rose.


This week marked the first time in my life I fasted for more than one day... and honestly the last time I remember fasting for just one day was back in 1991... so... for me it was significant to even desire to fast for more than one day and to trust God to carry me through the three days I fasted. It's amazing how much more in tune to God you become when fasting... I know it won't be 16 more years til the next time I fast ... I actually wanted to fast longer than 3 days but started to question my own motives ... as if God could be manipulated by my fasting... but to ensure my motives were pure I stopped fasting after 3 days... for personal praise and worship time I was listening to Ross Parsley and the Desperation Band's My Savior Lives CD... and the worship set of songs 4-9 are an outstanding set that lead right to the feet of our Lord! Wow! He really is "Wonderful, Beautiful, Glorious, Matchless in every way."

While reading from "The Secrets Men Keep" by Stephen Arterburn it's interesting as he looks at Gen 3:16 "Your desire will be for you husband, and he will rule over you." ... and he concentrates on the word "desire"... where it's the same word desire from Gen 4:7... where it's understood that this desire is a "desire to rule over"... which could explain why many couples have conflict that they don't even understand how or why it's there... he mentions couples walk a thin line between respect and responsibility, freedom and obligation... but these conflicts are overcome by serving each other in the love of Christ (as us husbands are commanded to do in Eph 5:25).

No comments: