Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Is it His leading or am I tempting Him?

Just over two weeks ago I saw a job announcement for a position back in the states that would be a "perfect" change from my current job to a more permanent / don't have to move any more position.... and in that instant I submitted my resume, especially since the day I saw the job posting was the closing dated for resume submissions... and during this whole flurry of activity I prayed (loosely paraphrased 'cause I don't remember the exact words)... God, if this is your will for us then may Your blessing be here... and if we are suppose to stay where you've put us now... that's fine too ... well, yesterday word came back that I'm qualified for the job... but not ranked high enough for placement... which is the confirmation to me that our work here in Egypt is not done. So... when I saw the job advert I wasn't sure at that moment if it was His leading for us or if it was just me going down the wrong direction... well... thank you Father for keeping me on the right path!

Actually, I think now that we're coming up on one year in country... our work is really just beginning here. Last week I completed the cell pastors training course with five other people. The course really was so much more than I expected when it comes to leading small groups ... and to really know the vision of what our small groups should be doing (reaching out to those around us and brining them to Christ)... so... as much as I felt at the beginning.... and even at times during the course... that it was "just a formality" to be able to lead groups here, God has shown me that was nothing more than my own pride saying "Oh yeah, I know how to lead small groups"... but really... God still had more to show me... but I couldn't see it until I opened my heart ... but now... Wow! Am I ready to lead a group all on my own?? ... NO! but I did learn that it's not about doing it alone... so in that regard maybe I am ready... to help in running / coordinating / hosting ... or whatever God has for us to do within a small group.

On another note... Girl Scouts officially ended this last weekend for the school year... it's been great for the girls that's for sure... And our female hamster is proving to be a female by having another litter of "pups"... but is down to just 1 survivor from the 4 born... we're going to have to get some eduction on helping the little hamsters survive because mama seems to like the way her young taste...

2 comments:

batgirl said...

How exciting to hear how God is using you and preparing you to be used in new ways. Tell the girls that Cassidy and Chloe are Girl Scouts too. They love it. Went camping last weekend.

Trent said...

Janet... I know when we first got here we really weren't too sure what we were suppose to be doing for God, but He's opened the doors for us to support the believers here while reaching out to the lost here...

Girl Scouts... that was a blast for our girls this year here... and they don't have to SELL COOKIES :-) ... so the dues are much more :-( oh well, it was still nice to not push cookies.