Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Is In The Air

It's amazing how quick the seasons change... but we're finally starting to get those great scents in the air from the flowers that are just now blooming (jasmine being the best to me) ... the cherry blossoms are popping out now... and it won't be long and the flame trees will be bright red again too. These purple things... I don't know what they're called... but they're pretty while they're in bloom!

Funny thing about Cairo. I needed to get a spare key made for the car... I went to an auto repair shop... and of course they don't make keys... but they did know who did... this old guy that was just sitting in front of a dry cleaners shop... he had a little grinder and tool box full of blanks... all the times I've talked down that street in two years... and I'd never noticed that guy there... I wonder how many people I walk by and never notice.... and then God really reveals the obvious to me that there are so many people I miss because I'm caught up in my own world... trying to do "my thing" and usually... even when I do manage to do something for our Lord... I'm still doing it in my strength instead of trusting in Him to carry it out ... wow... the life of Peter is a great encouragement... not that I'm a great disciple like Peter... but when I blow it... at least God has allowed me to drawl strength and encouragement from Peter... or when Jesus called him "Simon, Simon" instead of using his "new" name... as a reminder that we can have the tendency to get off track... but our Heavenly Father is faithful and just to cleanse us of all our unrighteousness... if we'll confess it to Him... Lord... I ask that you'd work in my heart today... forgive me for crowding You out of my life with what I've made important... I ask for a renewed focus on what you'd have me to do... thank you Lord...

No comments: