Monday, March 17, 2008

How Girls are Different from Boys

Months ago when I had mentioned to my boss that I needed to place an order for some new books for the girls... he'd told me I should wait because they had loads of books they could probably part with since his girls were getting older now... Sandra went over tonight... and came back with this lot... there's 48 Nancy Drew books alone... plus... as you can see... many others on the floor... now notice that the girls are smiling... happy to receive books.... I know when I was young... if it wasn't a book about trains (with more picture on the page than print)... don't expect me to be too excited about it... but these girls are great readers!! Enjoy Ladies.

Now on the other side I can attest to how important it is to continue to read... I usually see positive results in the classes I'm taking... because I read the material... now today I received the results for the state dept exam I took back in December... I didn't study one bit for it (I wanted to see what I knew I told myself) ... and ... it most have shone (that it wasn't as much as I thought) ... because my score was not high enough to receive an oral interview... but there are a few points to be remembered (or even learned...) first... if it's God's timing... it'll happen. Second... next time I take the exam I should study the little "cheat book" they sell... so I'm better prepared for the exam... and Lastly... if it's God's will... He'll open the door... in His timing... He knows my attitudes and how I would have reacted had I passed this exam this time around... so... I'll try again next December... Praise God for keeping me focused on what's important now and not letting me getting "off track".

No comments: