Saturday, September 29, 2007

God's Love & Forgiveness

I was talking with a friend the other day and I asked how his relationship with God was these days... I also asked if he had found a good church to attend in his area... and his reply was "I went to a church here once but didn't go back because I was afraid of what God would reveal to me about myself".... and he also told me that he was afraid if he started to get close to God again... that God would turn His back on him...

I was actually surprised by his answer... I tried to explain that the Lord is not one to withdrawal from us... it's actually quite the opposite... we are told in Isaiah 55:6-7 to "Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked (all of us) forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon."

There's a lot in there about how much our heavenly Father loves us and wants to drawl us near to Him... we don't have to clean ourselves up to come to Him... He just wants us to come... He'll take care of the rest. He desires to forgive us and to have us near... but the key is we have to come to Him.

No comments: