Monday, August 6, 2007

I Will Be Careful to...

....................................................... Lead a Blameless Life-

Wow. Ever read something and you think... ah, that's great for him... or someone else, but there's no way that applies to ME! Yeah, that's what I had to ask myself last night while reading Psalms 101 when I got to the 2nd verse. . . So, does it apply?

I mean when the Psalm started it was "all good". Here we have "I will sing of your love and justice; to you, O Lord, I will sing praise". Fair enough... easy enough really... I love to sing... and hey, to sing of His love and justice... all right... let the singing begin. Then there's where we're suppose to love others in the love of Christ, still an admirable thing but ok, let's give it a try. But then David makes this declaration in v2 that "I will be careful to lead a blameless life - when will you come to me? I will walk in my house with blameless heart. v3 I will set before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of the faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me"

Again I have to say... wow! I mean giving my life to Christ is one thing... but to make a commitment to do "my part" and covenant with Christ to lead a blameless life... I know it's just me and my selfish self but ... I don't usually think of "attempting" to live a blameless life. I've always just thought... if I do good, praise God... if I fall... ah, Lord will you forgive "this... again"... and move on again... but to covenant to be blameless... and that beginning in my own house before even getting to the house of God... that's a real commitment. I mean, there are so many ways for a guy to sin... at home... where it's out of the public sight... but God knows... and that's where my own commitment needs to begin... Now what does it all mean?

I believe in the end it comes down to faith in our Lord. We've not capable of living the sinless life, otherwise we wouldn't need the Savior. But... by His grace coupled with His Spirit, we are washed clean and can live a blameless life, but really, it's by His Spirit we (I) can live a blameless life. Wow! Live LARGE in Christ!

No comments: