Monday, July 23, 2007

Summer Doldrums

It's hard to believe that it's almost been two weeks since I've taken the time to post... but the truth is, now that the summer vacations are over... it's a little like "back to reality" and I'm a little unmotivated ... yeah... the summer doldrums are upon me.

I mean, there's plenty going on here to talk about. In church we've started a series on the parables which is really good, we've looked at the wine skins and the wise/foolish builders. Our Monday cell group just met again for the 2nd time this summer... and we went over the parables of the "mustered seed" and the "yeast" in Matt 13:31-33... and there was some great discussion... praise and worship was nice last weekend... but really... I just have that uninspired feeling ... maybe I just need to put it out here that I feel this way... and the "fog" as it were will lift and I can get back into things without wishing I was still on vacation somewhere instead of "back to work"... I mean, I'm glad to be back here in Cairo... and actually have a new found enjoyment in being here ... but I'm still feeling a little lazy :-}

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yo dude, wass up!

Unknown said...

Trent, it's me, Demian. A while back i tried to post a comment but it wouldn't let me. I just tried again and wah-lah......I'm a girl. My wife to be exact. She's the one with the blogger accout.

We miss you, dude. Hope all is well. I pray you get out of the funk soon. Take care bro, and "hi" to the family.

Jack said...

Keffer! It's you old Disbo here! Hey drop me a line: jack.********@gmail.com

Trent said...

Demian... what's up Dude... great to hear from you... and yeah... thanks for checking in. Christa's blog and art are pretty cool Dude. Did you guys take the summer off? Our group did too... I think that's what's contributed to the "funk" here for me... but I know we'll be back in session soon.