Monday, August 13, 2007

Is The Pressure Really On... Or is it Just Me?

What do I mean by that? I seem to manage to fill every minute of the day with stuff... of course there's time for work (don't work... don't eat) ... then there's the one college course this semester... put a bible study in there once a week... add the Rescue Diving course training going on the last 2 weeks... plus... well, you get the picture... but what is it all for?

I know yesterday I was a little stressed after having taken the family to Ain Sukna to rest. Imagine that, we go away to rest... and I come back more stressed. The kids had a good time, swimming in the pool there... and wading in the shallow Red Sea and playing in the sand and mud there... but I came back more stressed because of falling a chapter behind in the online course coupled with the diving class going on. But God knew my stress and intervened... He knew I was concerned how I'd get a major homework project done while doing the diving course work... so He provided a shortened diving training class last night... allowing me to focus on the college work... and really bringing a load of relief to an over-active- self-imposed- stress- filled- mind.

Cast your care on the Lord, He will never let the righteous fall. Ps 55:22 That about sums it up. When everything seems out of control... it's time to re-center and remember that He is the one that is in control of everything.

No comments: