Thursday, November 15, 2007

More Homework... 2nd Grade Style

OK... I know I find myself consumed in my own educational pursuits sometimes (ok... not just sometimes...), but my kids are still in elementary school... which means they have their own homework to complete... usually four nights a week. In this case, Mia had to make a collage of her country of birth. So... what do you think? Can you tell where she was born by her artwork?

Actually as a parent I have to say I am very proud of the work both girls are doing this year. Keep up the great job you've been doing ladies :-)

As a side note about 2nd grade... a few weeks ago while my own Humanities class was studying about colors and their meaning Mia comes home and basically tells me what I just learned in my course (maybe I'm wrong to say this... but it's so sad when a second grader not just learns... but KNOWS this stuff). So ... is it second graders are learning college level material or ... a little more likely... have I forgotten absolutely everything I EVER learned in school and need to be taught all over again in college? :-)

No comments: