Thursday, November 29, 2007

Help Me Understand

I'm a little confused. Recently there is the case in Sudan of the child... let me restate this... there is a child in Sudan... a Muslim child... that has chosen to name a stuffed bear Muhammad... after his own name, which happens to be Muhammad too... Sure... we don't have dolls or other stuffed objects named "Jesus" in the "western world" ... but ... ever since Jesus came on the scene... you don't see people naming their children "Jesus" either ... why? Because God almighty has already given that name to the one that is above all others ... but why do Muslims get upset that someone is using their prophets name for a doll (ok... a doll sounds so feminine, so let's stick with him being a "teddy bear")... when it's SSOOOO ok to name almost everyone in Islamic society "Muhammad"? Most of the Muslims I know have Muhammad in their name somewhere.... Did I miss something somewhere????? Or is this just a case of "selective reasoning"? Ouch... did I say that??? I know Islam continues to advance as a religion in the world... but it's interesting to see how spun up Muslims get when their beliefs and religious rules are attacked... I wonder what will happen to me personally since I'm posting this from my home... but it's time I make a stand myself and called a spade a "spade".... we in the west don't get all bend out of shape when our Savior is portrayed in demeaning ways. We are secure in our belief that Jesus Christ is our Saviour... He tells us "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6) ... maybe that's part of our problem in the west... .we're so tolerant of everyone else's opinions that we've LOST the true conviction of our own beliefs in God to put up a fuss when derogatory things are said about our own Savior ...

No comments: